Security - Allow access to Add value to specific UDC,

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

I have a situation where I need to give a role access to add values to a specific UDC, but they should not be able to see any others... Is there any way to secure P0004 so that the System Code and User Code fields are static?

Thanks.

We cloned the P0004 program and added a PO data structure to pre-populate a specific UDC. The search fields were then secured in the custom app and the user was given the custom app to use.

Could you also use row security over the F0005? You could make it so they can view all values but only add, change and/or delete only certain values. We use that for some roles that are only allowed to change certain types.

Row security over a very heavily used table might cause performance issues.

Something to watch out for but if you index it well enough, you may be ok.

I avoid row security if at all possible.

There is no reason why you cant secure F0004 or F0005 - and I have clients who do. However JDE isnt clever enough to know if you want to link the security to just certain product codes of course. Also the point made about performance is valid.

Therefore my advice would be to always use application/action on certain programs if possible. If this doesnt work (there isnt a paricular program to focus on) I would customise the program as did sselman.

Back