Auto Notification

alanmacc

Hi Guys

Have a tricky one here, we recieve sevreal deliveries a day and I am wondering if there is a way that the system can be set to automatically email the order originator of delivered quantities do not match order quantities?

I know this is a pretty ambigious one and pretty open but thought id ask if its possible

Cheers
Alan

Windows XP
Office 2003
JDE Enterprise One

Sorry should have been a little more clear on this, just read it again and it does not seem to make sense.

I am after an auto notification to go out when the goods are receipted in the system if the entered quantity does not match the ordered quantity

Cheers
Alan

The easiest way to do this is to use a third party tool from everest software - autoprint - http://www.everestsoftint.com/index.asp?a=browse&p=AUTOPRINT

This can be adapted to be used with the PO receipt program and it is possible to create a custom email to notify the vendor of the open quantity not yet received. Of course you'd have to create some custom logic to ensure that if there are multiple shipments being received for the same order, that multiple "false" emails aren't sent out !

This is more of a functional request once you implement autoprint - which of course is the purpose of that software !

I'd create a UBE that compares order quantity and received quantity and where it does not match, load a workfile, then create a report over that file with vendor information and order information, create a BI Publisher report, and have BI Publisher handle the auto emailing of the report and data to the supplier.

Back