Literal values?

Cbitu

Is there any way to get around having to enter a list of values one value at a time and then click the "Add" button or hit enter? Isn't there a way to copy and paste a list of values from excel? Or operate a list of values with a comma or something? It is very hard to enter an inventory for cost rolling when you have over 200 items, and having to enter each, each time for simulating, proofing and finalizing is very time consuming.

Any help would be appreciated.
smile.gif

Welcome to the JDEList. I am assuming you are referring to the R30812 and R30825 jobs. If you have large amounts of items you could look at using a category code or other field that is avaliable in the data selection of the reports you need to run. So, you would update all the items you need to process to the same value in the category code. Then when you run the jobs, you use that category code as the data selection.

So, one time you might have 500 items and another time you might have 30. If you change the category codes properly, you will always get just the items you want.

Jer

I am surprised that the user community has not generated enhancement interest on this issue which has plagued batch version users for years. I suppose we all figured that this is something that could never been done; that is, pasting in values into Literal List of Values in Data Selection from an outside source. However, in recent years we are beginning to see new Tools Releases introduce new functionalities that we also never thought possible. Who ever thought we would be able to click on a field in an interactive version application screen and access a Google map? This wish came true with the Related Information Application Framework introduced in Tools Release 8.98.4.

I am a member of the EnterpriseOne Manufacturing and Distribution Group, E1MDUG and part of our mission is to elicit, promote, prioritize, and manage enhancement requests from our user community membership in direct liaison with Oracle Product Managers. This year we already have seven Enhancement Request Teams working on such enhancement requests as Changing Primary Location, Prohibiting WO Generation on Stocking Type = “O” Items, P4310 Viewing/Editing of Original Promised Delivery Date, Item Master/ItemBranch Mass Update (already introduced but further enhancements desired), PO Advance Preferences, Copy Cost with Currency Conversion, and Outbound Consignment.

I will generate some dialogue on this issue and see where it goes. What might have been impossible in years past might be feasible now. All it takes in hearing from users like you and me.

In the past, I've used Processing Options, then Parsed the string into individual data selection elements (ridiculously excessive)...

At the last Collaborate, I requested the enhancement for an SQL Injector ~ where we build the Where Clause, and have the ability to insert it into the the data selection. I've not heard a peep about it since.... In my opinion, this is one of the Holy Grail(s) for EnterpriseOne. There are so many issues that could be resolved through the ability to build our own Data Selection.

Now, if we ever get that 'ability' ~ the new issue will be training folks how to 'properly' build the Where Clause...

(db)

Once upon a time I entered this into an enhancement request to Oracle via Quest. I'm not sure where to even find that since Quest redesigned their web site to know what happened to it.

What made this worse is that our users used to be able to accomplish a somewhat limited form of cut and paste for data selection in World Software. That was one of the things they lost in going to OneWorld (and now in E1) that they still gently remind me of from time to time.

I second the motion on SQL injection. In the meantime, I've found it useful to modify a UBE (or copy) with a new business view that joins to a custom table. Insert your selection values in this table, and you could do this dynamically at run time if needed by repopulating the custom table in your Initialize Section event.

Back