SQL Server 2008 and SP 24.1.2

JMast

Reputable Poster
Hello All,

We have to upgrade our DB server which currently runs SQL 2005. We are going to move to SQL 2008, so I am curious to hear from anyone if there are any gotchas with SP 24.1.2 that you have found. Both technical and application level tips would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, we are stuck in limbo on application ESUs and have not applied major ESUs since 2003, so I am curious about risks with application issues.

Thanks for the assist,

Jer

Not sure if it will be of much help , but I recently upgraded a client running Xe , Sp22 , SQL 2000 to SP24.1.4 , SQL 2008 R2. Been live for a month now , have had no application related issues reported because of the change in database version.

That is good to hear. My concern stems from when we went from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 running on 12 GB RAM we experienced some ill effects where occasionally certain batch jobs will fail with the only error being 'undefined database error' and Sales Orders for a large customer occasionally failing. Oracle pointed us to ESUs saying that the application (not just SP) code had been improved to handle faster database technology. We are small and getting the business to spend time on ESU baseline upgrades hasn't happened.

Thanks for the note,

Jer

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

We have to upgrade our DB server which currently runs SQL 2005. We are going to move to SQL 2008, so I am curious to hear from anyone if there are any gotchas with SP 24.1.2 that you have found. Both technical and application level tips would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, we are stuck in limbo on application ESUs and have not applied major ESUs since 2003, so I am curious about risks with application issues.

Thanks for the assist,

Jer

[/ QUOTE ]

I am new to JDEList but was interested in this particular thread. I was wondering if there was a list or some information I could get as to what issues other have had or find out what components in JDE do not work well with JDE B7.3.3.3 using SQL 2008. We are running an older version of JDE on SQL 2K but want to move to SQL 2008. I know we need to upgrade but because of the 2800 custom modification to JDE we have a big project ahead of us. I was trying to find out if we could at least move to a newer version of SQL. Can anyone please help? Much appreciated. eaf

Back