Error messages in the E1 HTML Server logs - WLS

EDGARCIA

Hi,

The e1root.log is generating messages with BSFN ending with errors in the E1 HTML Server logs on the Weblogic Server 11g. The log file is growing quickly and generating too many files logs.
Apparently these BSFN use memory cache, so I'm suspecting that this is the problem.

Some BSFN examples:
Appl........BSFN
P4113.....TransferProjectComitmentCache
P31114...F4111ClearDetailStack
P3002.....CacheBOMHeaderMBF
P3002.....FreePtrToDataStructure
P48013...F4801ClearWorkFile
P4310.....DeleteClausesTableRecords

Log example (these messages appear thousands of times by 3 to 5 minutes, generating too many log files):

28 Jul 2011 11:04:24,306 [SEVERE] AFDSILVA - [JAS] NullPointerException caught in the JDEOWDirect.processServerRequest(): | User Name : AFDSILVA, Environment : JPD900, Role : *ALL java.lang.NullPointerException
28 Jul 2011 11:04:24,306 [SEVERE] AFDSILVA - [RUNTIME] Ocorreu um erro de exceção no cliente Web. Entre em contato com o administrador do sistema. Examine o histórico para obter mais detalhes. Identificação do erro de exceção =Exception_2011-07-28 11:04:24.306_AFDSILVA Houve um problema com o servidor durante a execução da função de negócios. FreePtrToDataStructure.\nSaia do aplicativo e reinicie.\nButton clicked Nº de linha 0\nP3002_W3002H com.jdedwards.runtime.base.SystemException: Houve um problema com o servidor durante a execução da função de negócios. FreePtrToDataStructure.\nSaia do aplicativo e reinicie.\nButton clicked Nº de linha 0\nP3002_W3002H

Any idea?

Tks

We're experiencing the same issue. If you find a solution please post it here, as I will do the same. Much appreciated.

iSeries V6R1
WebSphere HTML servers
Current on all baseline ESUs

This one has my dev's and I pretty stumped so far. If anyone else wants to toss in some help on this one and need some more info let me know. Thanks!

Hi Ttrudeau,

Platform: Win 2008 Srv x64 - all servers
DB: Oracle 11g
Web: Weblogic Server 11g - 10.3.2.0 with JRockit 1.6.0
Appl/Tools Release: E1 9.0 / 8.98.4.2

We are in TR 8.98.4.2 too.
This seems to be the only thing in common.
Then it might be a bug in TR.

What do you think?

I have had three other clients on 8.98.4.2 with the same issue. Tuning WebLogic, and the E1 jas.ini and jdbj.ini seems to have helped a lot but didn't eliminate the issue all together.

Are you sure that is not an enterprise server problem where BF are executed? Did you customize BF or interactive applications you mentioned?

Hi Gigi,

Yes, I'm sure.
The BF and applications are standards.
There are other users with the same problem and the only common feature is the TR 8.98.4.2.

Tks,

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Gigi,

Yes, I'm sure.
The BF and applications are standards.
There are other users with the same problem and the only common feature is the TR 8.98.4.2.

Tks,

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok
Did you update your TR? If yes, with previous TR, did the problems exist? Or did you start project with 8.98.4.2?

look the attachment, I donwload it from oracle support. could be your problem on html server
good luck

Attachments

• 171839-E1.doc
    224 KB · Views: 380
Update... I've found the issue that was causing us to receive this error and have tested the solution thoroughly. The setting that was causing this was the 'Application Recovery' setting for the JAS server.

You can find this setting in Server Manager under the JAS instance --> Web Runtime --> Web Runtime. We turned this setting off, and restarted JAS. No more Null Pointers. I'm not sure if this will help you in your situation exactly or not, but it did resolve our problem.

Hope this helps!

We are also seeing these messages in our logs. I did find the doc id 1342203.1 as referenced previously.

24 Aug 2011 09:24:20,493 [SEVERE] AOAKES - [JAS] NullPointerException caught in the JDEOWDirect.processServerRequest(): | User Name : AOAKES, Environment : JPD900, Role : *ALL java.lang.NullPointerException
24 Aug 2011 09:24:20,496 [SEVERE] AOAKES - [RUNTIME] An exception has been caught by the Web client. Please contact your system administrator. See log for details. Exception id =Exception_2011-08-24 09:24:20.496_AOAKES There was a problem with the sever while running the business function FreePtrToDataStructure.\nPlease exit the application and restart it.\nButton clicked Line number 0\nP3003_W3003C com.jdedwards.runtime.base.SystemException: There was a problem with the sever while running the business function FreePtrToDataStructure.\nPlease exit the application and restart it.\nButton clicked Line number 0\nP3003_W3003C

My question is, are these messages an indication of a problem or is it okay to do disable the parameter as described in the doc to get rid of the messages in the logs?

Thanks,
D Eddy

Hi D Eddy,

If you disable this setup you will not be able to make use of this feature "AppRecovery".
I've tried this setup and did not work, the error messages persist. So I came back.

Eduardo

Thank you for your response. I agree the AppRecovery feature is important. I guess I'll have to figure out how to pursue the errors to see if there really is a problem.

D Eddy

Hi folks,

I tried again and now this setup worked fine (AppRecovery = None).

I don't understand why don't worked before.

Thank you very much,

Eduardo

Back