"Spinners"

fbrammer

fbrammer

\"Spinners\"

About once or twice a day our users will get have a screen hang up. It's all different users, in different apps doing different things. They get the little "Processing" with the spinning green balls and it just sits there. Normally this happens for task that would respond sub-second. We're not finding anything in logs. All databases and servers are proceeding normal. A simple refresh of the browser and the user can go back to work, but there is a lot of concern generated about the state of data and other processing issues.

Oracle Support recommends going to Firefox (We're trying to stay with IE8 because of other issues). We've already made a few recommended registry changes and it helped, but the issue has not gone away.

Has anyone out there solved this issue with Internet Explorer (IE8)?

WebSphere 6.1
JDE 9.0
TR 8.98.4.1
Oracle 10g EE

Thanks.

Re: \"Spinners\"

could you share which registry settings you setup?
I have a similar problem I setted up on borwser settings to refresh page "everytime I visit the page" but this doesn't solve the problem.
gg

The recommended registry settings are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000014

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000014

They helped, but didn't eliminate the issue. It went from happening every hours or so to once or twice a day.

This is usually because the users ie registry settings have a maximum thread of 2 instead of 10, which is what firefox and safari has. Do a search on here for "Internet explorer registry" and there should be posts that help with this issue.

We are encountering the exact same issue.

JDE 9.0
Tools 8.98.42
SQL2008R2
IE 8

Please share the registry settings. So it looks like IE8 is not certified for JDE 9.0v.

Null Value,

Please be careful about statements you make. If you check the MTR's on My Oracle Support, you'll see that IE8 is indeed supported for various operating systems, beginning at specific Tools Release levels.

Before going live on to 9.0 18 months ago we encountered and resolved these issues with the aid of JDELIST.

Look at post # 151429 by Unitas. It tells you what you need to do.

Don, I based my comment on the OPs statement that Oracle support has advised him to go to Firefox, and on the fact that several of our users are experiencing this issue and are very frustrated to say the least. We spent a lot of time (including consultant time) on checking the network, tweaking our programs, indexing etc. My understanding of a certified software is that it should work without any problem on standard software settings. Having important applications hang especially during critical times like month-end processing, is no fun.

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding of a certified software is that it should work without any problem on standard software settings.

[/ QUOTE ]

+ 1.

Max

Back