GL issues

nij

We are currently experiencing what appears to be timeout issues with the General Ledger especially at end of month which is causing some records to dissappear during posting. I suspect the volumn of records in the GL (over 42 million) combined with the number of processes being run at end of month is causing the system to slow down to such an extent that we are experiencing timeout issues.

The accounting team has noticed that some header records are being updated as being posted, but their associated detail records have now dissappeared with no trace! I suspect the timeout issues is causing this, but can't be absolutely certain.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of activity and issue? Any ideas what to look for? There's been the suggestion for us to summarise the records in the GL to reduce the record count, thereby improving performance, but I'm not sure what sort of impact this may have for auditing purposes in the future.

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Hi,
first of all you need to investigate you log on the enterprise server (I assume that reports and bsfn cause the problems).

Then, if you are sure it's related to the load of work you can tuning your JDE but you need to know the root of the problem.

Are the records you are missing Automatic Entries that are created by the POST program or are they records inserted by the user?

Thanks for your response. I will certainly investigate the log, but I'm also concerned about the high number of records in the GL (42 million at last count), or is this not a concern, i.e. does JDE typically handle this number of records in the GL?

[ QUOTE ]
Are the records you are missing Automatic Entries that are created by the POST program or are they records inserted by the user?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are Automatic Entries created by the POST program.

I have multiple clients with F0911 tables greater than 100 million rows. The backend must be sized to handle tables of that size, particularly under load.

Back