GTIN-14, ITF-14 barcode: how to implement using RDA

GNXComputer

GNXComputer

Hello,
Has anyone used RDA to create barcodes for GTIN-14(also known as SCC-14 and ITF-14)? Only solution I've found is to purchase 3rd party software that will create the barcode using data I pass in. This is a difficult barcode to work with because it's part of the Interleaved 2 of 5 symbology, lots of programming logic needed to convert the number(in my case it's a shipment number) into ASCII characters along with start/stop and checksum digits. I'm also finding that .pdf is not supported by the 3rd party vendors. I'm hoping to use the .pdf I have.
Anyone been able to use a UBE, creating .pdf, to generate the ITF-14 barcode? I'm doing this for pallet labels.
Thanks!
Dan

E812, tools release 8.98.22

Dan,

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. But congratulations on your first post - 9 and a half years after you registered! That must be some sort of record! I hope you get an answer to your question and continue to benefit from JDEList. I'm sure others would benefit from your comments too - if you are in a position to do so.

Hi Peter,
Well, I guess I am a bit shy. Took me this long to get up the nerve to approach the group. It is nice of you to recognize my world record for non-involvement.
tongue.gif

I've definately gotten alot of good information from JDEList over the years, resolved more than a few issues because of the knowledge found here.
But this ITF-14 is a tough nut to crack. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's not feasible to use RDA. There are a few 3rd party packages available that will accept CSV, flat file or use ODBC to connect into our JDE database and read from an F55* table. Create the barcode for us that way. We didn't want to purchase another bolt-on tool but looks like that's the best(if not only) solution.
Thanks for checking in with me. I'll try not to wait another 9 years before posting again.
Regards,
Dan

Don't go back to being a lurker Dan. Be like me, ready to open my mouth and prove myself an idiot anytime!

Regarding barcodes and RDA. We Do use barcodes on RDA output documents - but its the simple 3 0f 9 format. Other than taking up lots of page space it was easy to do.

Don't be a stranger,

Back