How to locate Full Package Name

Jameel Ahmed

Jameel Ahmed

Hi,

I just want to know the Full package name which was successfully built.

Regards

Jameel

Hi Jameel,

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know the Full package name which was successfully built.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, our CNC guy successfully built a full package at one of our client site.

Unfortunately I do not know the name of it - and maybe it won't be a really help for you, because you have not described, on wich release, etc. and what kind of package.

Further, our company had built hundred x dozens full package built successfuly in the last 10+ years. Do you WANT to know the name all of it?

Maybe somebody has a newer package and she/he will share the name with you. (Personally, I neither do not "WANT" know it - neither WOULDn't LIKE to know).

AT last, but not least, please share the reason/target (as release, etc. details) with us to HELP you.

Regards,

Zoltán

Locating a Full Package Name has eluded CNCs for years Jameel. You have hit on a very touchy subject and one that has plagued even the best CNCs for years. You will often find these fallen fellows in local mental institution now. It's sad really.

Max

Jameel,

How to find the package names may depend on your install version/config - which you have not provided.

As you don't know where to find this information, there is a very real chance that you will not have access to it on your system so providing that information to you would not benefit you. It would be advisable to ask your CNC.

If asking the CNC is not possible, why do you need this information? As Zoltán said there may be a lot of successfully built full packages, which one are you after? If you answer these questions and provide your system details, it will allow an answer to be provided that is appropriate to your needs.

Dear All,

I just wanted to know what is the current Full package. like if i want to do an update package, i have to provide the parent package name. This information should be stored in some .ini file or log file.

Jameel,

I don't see your system config.

I'd guess that the full package name you want would be the one that was last installed. Without your system config, it is impossible to tell if you are using a fat client or web. If using a fat client, it is easy to find the last full (base) package (it may not be the one applicable for the signon pathcode) and last update package installed. Using the last update package installed, you can look at the assembly and find out the full package on which it is based. If it is a web client, you'll have to look at your enterprise server or the package and deployment tables.

PS.

Package names are not put into INI files as far as I am aware. The only log that it may be in would be that associated with its installation, which may or may not still exist.

Jameel,

If you are on the 8.9x tools release, look at the folder that stores the runtime objects for the pathcode , i.e. for PD it can be PDxxx on a fat client, enterprise server or IFS for iSeries. Within it, there should be a file called spec.ini in a folder called "spec"

The file should have entries that will tell you the full package name that has been installed for the Pathcode. warning: fat client can be misleading especially if you have not installed the latest full package for that pathcode.

FYI, it is always helpful to provide your E1 apps release , DB, OS platform, tools release level for the forum to point you in the right direction for your particular problem.

Thanks,
KS

Does anyone else find it a bit rude that Jameel Ahmed hasn't replied to our suggestions yet? I mean, a simple thank you would be nice. Many of the memebers here have been nice enough to take time out of their busy days to reply to his question.

Some people.

Max

Hi Max,
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else find it a bit rude that Jameel Ahmed hasn't replied to our suggestions yet? I mean, a simple thank you would be nice. Many of the memebers here have been nice enough to take time out of their busy days to reply to his question.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 member, who is totally agree.
Unfortunatelly, recently this scenario "not too rare" recently and in the past few monthes (years)
crazy.gif

Maybe I will make a post on the Off-Topic/Help forum - please, check this, if you will have time to do.

Thanks & Regards,

Zoltán

Back