New Create!Form Install not sending from AS400 to W2003 Server

DEddy

We are upgrading to JDE E1 9.0. Have installed Create!Form Server 3.2 on W2003 server. Have set up print queues on both the AS400 and W2003 and done everything that the install guide details. I am able to send a report from the AS400 to W2003 just to test connectivity. When we run R42520 and tell it to go to printer on AS400 defined for CF, nothing happens, it does not show in the AS400 queue or the W2003 queue. Not sure where it is going? I have CreateSend installed, but it does not seem to work. I have contacted BottomLine, but am waiting to hear from them. Hoping that someone can shed some light on a setup option I may have missed.

D Eddy,

You got AS400 output queue to Win printer connectivity working, this is good.

Here's the Cform Setup on the AS400
- Create!send is no longer neeeded nor used with recent versions of E1 output.
(you can remove the cpkrnl object from the AS400)
- Is the JDE printer setup correctly? (library/output queue)
- You should be using *JDE PDF as the conversion program in the JDE printer (and not *CF PDF).
- Conversion Program Entry: *JDE PDF, Parameter string: -s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER
- Also make sure your JDE.INI file on the AS400 has the appropriate UBE entry (although this is not the prob)
- After running the job in JDE, go to WSJ, select the job and select PRINT and verify the JDE printer is correct (AS400 lib and outqueue)
- Hold the output queue to see if any job shows up

If all of this is in place and the job still does not get to the AS400 output queue, then this is a question for your CNC person as something else in JDE is not setup correctly.
- You can actually track the job itself using WRKACTJOB on the AS400

With all of this in place, it's pretty rare the job doesnt get to the AS400 output queue.

Mark

Mark,
You are my hero!! Changing the conversion program from *CF PDF to *JDE PDF took care of the problem. Glad I reached out to JDEList!!

Thanks,
Daneille Eddy

Back