Windows 7-Fat Client Not Running on JDE ENT 1 8.94

nestava

We have upgraded our workstations to Windows 7, currently we use JD Ent 1 Ver 8.94 and are in the process to upgrade but this will take a couple of months. The Fat client on W7 run for the most part when you give the local user permissions in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry, a risky move.. The problem is that some times the application does not work (as I said for the most part). Has anybody run into this problem? Is there anything else that could be hindering the performance of the application?

Thanks

I assume 8.94 is the tools release you are running for JDE. I am running Verion 8.12 tools 8.98.2.0 and found that the fat client wont run unless the user is a local admin of the machine, also check your MTR's for your release. Try that if not already.

I'm going to ask a silly question:

Did you check if Win 7 was supported in the MTR's (Minimum tech requirements?)

Well it is not Supported, but in testing I was able to make it work granting some extra permissions although even with XP, my fat clients have had to be Local Admins to ruun the application. The issue I am having is that the ActivConsole.exe is freezing sometimes. It is as if the application right after the user logs into the it does not complete its process.

After restarting it sometimes works, sometimes restarting it more than once.

in XP you were able to tell the machine to add the ActivConsole.exe as a trusted program, in Win 7 I have not been able to find any place where you could do something similar.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I can appreciate your adventurous approach, but since JDE is essentially layers upon layers of technology, you really want to stay within the MTR's if you want it to work and get support when you need it.

I can recall more than one incident when I used to consult for JDE where people would have the wrong service pack, etc, ODBC, etc, and its just a bad scene all the way around.

Take my advice. Don't cross the beams
smile.gif
(Ghostbusters).. stay within the MTR's!!!

Malcolm

[ QUOTE ]
The issue I am having is that the ActivConsole.exe is freezing sometimes.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, that's normal. If I had a nickel everytime I had to open up Task Manager to kill that little bugger, my Company could afford running SAP.

Max

[ QUOTE ]
... Don't cross the beams (Ghostbusters)..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I know this is petty, but the line is "Don't cross the streams."
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I know this is petty, but the line is "Don't cross the streams."
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Who 'ya gonna call...right Ken?

[ QUOTE ]
... Who 'ya gonna call...

[/ QUOTE ]
I ran across an old TV show the other day (not going to say which, as I'd rather not have to defend my taste in old TV shows
grin.gif
).

Two characters are trying to figure out why one is having splitting headaches:

Character 1: You're right, not a book thing. It's a phone thing.
Character 2: Who you gonna call?
Character 1: <Makes a face with a wry, questioning look>
Character 2: God, that phrase is never gonna to be usable again, is it?
Character 1: Doubt it.

[Edited to correct my own quote
blush.gif
]

Back