STRNET / ENDNET questions

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
We will be migrating to a new AS400. I want to start testing this new 400 by signing on in OneWorld as a Fat Client and through Citrix. Our current 400 is on V5R4 and our new box is V6R1. I need to test to make sure OneWorld works before we migrate over. I used a back up tape to restore all my libraries to the new 400 and then did a conversion to V6R1. I have set up all the OCM mappings and such.

My problem is when I issue an ENDNET command on the new box, it will end the services on the current 400. I can not find the source code for the STRNET or ENDNET commands only the compiled objects. what am I missing so that I can bounce the services on the new 400 with out effecting the current production box? Where can I find the source code for STRNET and ENDNET?

Please review the following doc on oracle my support:

E1: INST: How to Change Out an iSeries Enterprise Server [ID 644561.1]

On the new box:
CFGTCP option 10 and option 12 need to reflect the new 400. WRKRDBDIRE and confirm the database is set to either *LOCAL, 127.0.0.1, or the IP address of the new 400.

thanks for the info. When I get back from vacation, I will figure this out. I will have some reading material during my plane ride.
smile.gif

Back