Ricoh Multifuntional Printer

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
We have an issue we are facing with the RICOH Multifunctional printers based in one of our locations. Model no. RICOH Aficio MP C3500.
I have added this printer with Post script drivers to our vreate!form server but nothing is printing to the printer. Even we do not get a Windows Test page printed. This is happening with only the Ricoh multifunctional printers. The HP printers located in the same area are working fine with no issues.

The users are however able to print to this printer from the local print server on which it is installed. Even I can print from my local PC.

Any one have any idea/expereince with these RICOH printers.

Thanks in advance!

My guess is that the Ricoh driver requires and uses a Print Processor specific to the printer/driver. CformServer requires the Print Processor CfPrint.

With the Ricoh driver on the printer and CformServer enabled the Print Processor should be CfPrint. Is that how it's configured and it doesn't work?

Will the printer work with the Windows Driver "Generic Text/Only"? If not try changing it to a "generic" PS driver like HP LJ4000 PS (the print processor should always be CfPrint).

Karen.

Sounds like the Port setting of the Win printer is the problem.

You said you couldn't print a test page:
If you cant print a test page to the printer then Cform cant print to the printer.

Get the win printer working first:

1) Add the Win printer as a local printer, not a network printer.

2) Add new port, TCP/IP port, use Printer IP Address (Standard printer setup for Cform)
Its unlikely the printer uses a different port type, but you can verify this on Win printers
that do work.

3) Use the Postscript Driver

4) Print a test page, if you cant, its your network, different domains?
Talk to your network admin.

The win printer must work first, then cform setup is easy, havent seen any common problems with Ricoh.

Mark

Thanks Mark/Karen for your comments.

I had someone check the printer console and it seems everytime a job is sent from the Cf server it displays an "Authentication Error". Looks like some issue with the security.

Thx,
Soumen

Back