OMW in the latest E900 Standalone/Oracle

Alex_Pastuhov

Alex_Pastuhov

Legendary Poster
I've just noticed that I cannot start any OMW-releated programs in the latest E900 Standalone/Oracle - the form flashes and quits and the logs give an obviously incorrect Oracle error "Object no longer exists" about the F98751MASTER table, which is of course there and works for any other JDE APPL.

Has anyone noticed anything similar, or is this just my installation playing up?

its just your installation playing up. More than likely, if you're using MS SQL Server Express, its lost the connection to the DBF files. There should be an "attach" script somewhere in the install....(personally, my install uses the Oracle Express, which seems to be a little more reliable....)

Ok, thanks, I was afraid this could have been a policy change.

But none of this applies: as I mentioned, this is a Oracle client and secondly all the right DB's and tables are there - everything else works + I can quesry this table in SQL*Plus. Looks like some Oracle DB bug to me.

Can anyone confirm this using a recent build of E900 Standalone with local Oracle DB?

I have the Oracle 9.0.2 standalone client. OMW runs fine on my installation.

Make sure you can SQL*PLUS into E1Local and you can query the database correctly....

If you still have issues - then turn on the old JDEDEBUG, you'll soon figure out whats going on !

Yes, it all used to work then.

My problem is with E900/TR8982 & Oracle 10.2 local DB.

JDE logs refer to a bogus Oracle DB error, so there are no real clues ;-(

I had noticed several (SEVERAL) Fixes for the latest Standalone on the Support Site. I don't know if any of them would apply.

The fixes seem ed apply directly to the latest/greatest standalone. I neglected to read their details. Have you looked at the KG?

(db)

Ah, thanks, I did not notice. Indeed, for W7 compatibility it needs TR update + OEE update, plus who knows what else - it may be a better option for me to wait for a newer build of Standalone...

I have installed the Standalone 9.0 with the Update 2 and used the Oracle DB which comes with the installer.
The OMW works fine.I have tried it on Windows XP,Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise versions.

Many thanks!

I failed to mention: I was using W7.

I also found this Update 2 Standalone - it seems newer than the one I had installed, so I'll be trying it next. It's TR8983, but OEE is still 10.2 - did you have to install the 11.2 version prior to installing this Standalone, or did you just take all of the standard features included with the Standalone Setup?

Hi Alex,

I had installed the Standalone with the Update 2 without converting to 11G and it worked fine except for few applications.
Now i have installed the 11G and then installed Demo 9.0 .The fat client is working fine but the local web fails to login..Did you face the same issue? and did you resolve it.If so, please do share the resolution.

There is an "Update 2 Standalone V2" which I'm trying to install myself. This one seems to install using the OUI - so my guess is that Oracle is really getting involved in the installation development department - and causing some real headaches !

I'll let you know how this one goes...its supposedly already got 8.98.4 in it.

Is the part number of the download V24032-01? - I'll be doing this as well shortly ;-)

I think it's TR8983, but OEE is still 10.2

Right - I installed V24032-01 which is EnterpriseOne 9.0.2 V2. Be careful, this now uses the Oracle Universal Installer ! It does have 8.98.3 tools release bundled in it, so after installing, I upgraded the tools release to 8.98.4.3 using the deployment server download (unzip all the system.cab files and replace system).

You must ensure that the tnsnames.ora exists in the j2ee classes path correctly, together with a correctly formatted jas.ini and jdbc.ini - that is the biggest issue in getting the JAS server up and running.

However, it all works pretty well. I wasn't sure if I even had 9.0.2 running (when you click "help / about" it still reports 9.0 !) - but the clue is that under the EnterpriseOne Menus you'll see a new "Apparel" menu - if you see that, then you're running 9.0.2.

I'm struggling with getting the JDeveloper working on standalone now - evidently, 11g is supposed to be supported - but OMW doesn't recognize it when I install it to the standard c:\oracle\middleware path - so I'm now trying to install it to C:\JDEV just in case (!). I have a SR open with Oracle on this issue.

Lastly, I'm installing BI Publisher Standalone Server on the standalone as well - I really want every facet installed on this little beast ! Maybe some of the Everest demo software too !

just to update this - jdeveloper 10g was recognized instantly, so my guess is that 8.98.4.3 needs some "tweaking" to recognize jdeveloper 11g. I'll hopefully get the scoop from GSS over the next couple of days.

Back