Testing of a new AS400

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
We have a new AS400 up and running. I would like to start testing connections through OneWorld as a Fat client and Citrix. Is there documentation that shows the steps for this? I have tried connecting as a fat client (my laptop) to the new 400 but after bouncing the services on the new 400, I dropped everyone off of the live production 400. OOOPS! I have asked Oracle for their help but this is the response I received when I opened a SAR:
Regarding your questions, I have asked help to a Senior Engineer and unfortunately this is unsupported but basically if you want this to work you need to point everything (ocms etc) to new server or its not going to work
It is do-able but we cant really help with it

Regards,

If you have the libraries on the new AS/400 and EDRSQL running, then the things you need to do are:

1) Create a connection in iSeries Access to point to the new AS/400.
2) Create new data sources, or modify existing ones, to point to the libraries on the new AS/400.
3) If you create new data sources, you will need to create/modify OCM mappings to use the new data sources.

1st level Oracle support should have been able to help with this ...

Did you figure out how everyone dropped off the production AS400 by recycling services on the new AS400? These two instances should be separate and isolated.

You could setup a fat client such that everything points to the new AS400. Or setup your user profile to use the database on the new AS400 - everything would primarily function from the old AS400, but the data would come from the new one.

I know that is not much help. It is hard to tell from a forum what detail you need to overcome. In general, I would think you want these instances isolated and should configure a client dedicated to the new instance.

My guess is that you want to test the services in the new iSeries box. If this is the case, i would set up a client to point to this machine. Also, create OCM mappings for a particular user to here and yes fire couple of UBE's as well.
Hope this helps.

I have set up a fat client, my laptop. I am not sure why the services dropped on the Live production box. I am guessing it is becuase of the Deploymennt server. There must be settings in there for the connection.

thanks for the some tips. I will try these out. First level support basically said they can't help with this and closed the call. I am finding the tech support failing for Oracle. We have 2 more years of dealig with them before we move of off JDE and on to IFS.

Stephanie,

Did you build your new AS400 by restoring a backup from your current AS400 ? If so make sure that your JDE.INI does not have any references to your old server name. That could explain why it affected the services on the old server when you did an ENDNET on the new server

Yes I rebuilt the new 400 by restoring from backup tape. I changed the INI file to have the new server name before I did an ENDNET. Does the Deployment server have anything to do with it? That is the only thing that is common between the new and current 400.

Please review the following doc on oracle my support:

E1: INST: How to Change Out an iSeries Enterprise Server [ID 644561.1]

Back