Visual Studio Upgrade Guide

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
Hi List,

I thought I came accross a document on the Oracle support site that outlined the steps to properly upgrade Visual Studio on the Deployment server and dev PCs in a certain order so everything can work properly right away, etc, but I can't find it now. If anyone knows of such a document or if you've done it before and know of any gotch ya's to pass along that would be great. I'm going to upgrade from VS 2003 to VS 2008 SP1.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think we did any special other than adjusting the .ini files. For our DS we had this change:

CURRENT

[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=$(COMP)\VC\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=$(COMP)\VC\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=$(COMP)\VC\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=$(COMP)\VC\bin;$(COMP)\Common\MSDev98\Bin
USER=JDE
VisualStudioVersion=8

NEW

[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\ATLMFC\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\ATLMFC\VC\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\tools;
USER=JDE
VisualStudioVersion=9

Back