full build ended in error instead of completed with errors

rgreensl

Hello listers,

we recently went to 8.98.4.1 and also put two baseline ESU's on. Since then we have been trying to build full packages.

The build completes but rather than getting 'build completed with errors' we get 'build ended in error'.

The objects that have failed are all foreign localisations we don't use and they all failed previously in full builds.

Whilst we could probably change the status I am a bit reluctant to do so. Also we could probably take all the localisation ESU's to get the appropriate DD items so everything would build successfully but there is an impact to doing so. Has anyone else experienced this issue...?

PS we have logged a call and Oracle recommended removing extraneous locatlisations via P96450 as some ESU's randomly apply localisations. We did that and we get the same result: build completed in error

any comments gladly received......BTW I have attached appropriate logs / pdfs

Attachments

• 169937-logs&pdf.zip
    102.1 KB · Views: 101
Richard,

this generally happens when you install a Baseline ESU for a Country Localization. Once you put on one Localization Baseline or ESU you might as well put on all of them as the "fix" is either to remove one of the ESUs or simply apply more ESUs.

Colin

I had the exact same issues and Oracle encouraged me to mark the objects as obsolete or ignore the error on the full build report. It is a pain but I only had 4 that did not build.

We obsoleted the offending files as you suggested and the full build worked fine! We thought about applying a bunch of ESU's to resolve the issues but as those objects not relevant to us we decided the least impact was to take them out.
Thanks everyone for responding...!
Rich

Back