Most stable EnterpriseOne Tools Release

Pardha

Hi All,

We are planning on upgrading to JDE EnterpriseOne 9.0. What is the most current and "stable" tools release? I got the oracle recommendation (8.98.4.2) however; I want to know what you folks (out in the field) think.

Thanks,
Pardha

Pardha,

I don't think there's one "most stable" tools release -- they all have their bugs. That being said, I'd always try to avoid any of the .0 releases, like 8.98.3.0 or 8.98.4.0. I'd always want to wait for at least 1 or 2 sub-releases.

We went live on 9.0 with TR 8.98.2.3, and then 6 months later upgraded to 8.98.3.1. Now, about 10 months later, we're looking to upgrade to TR 8.98.4.2.

FWIW, Oracle is putting a lot of emphasis on improving the user experience with the web client, as is shown in the 8.98.3.xx and 8.98.4.xx tools releases.

Part of your question is for the "most current" tools release, which is 8.98.4.2, although 8.98.4.3 is planned to come out sometime in June, 2011.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi All,

We are planning on upgrading to JDE EnterpriseOne 9.0. What is the most current and "stable" tools release? I got the oracle recommendation (8.98.4.2) however; I want to know what you folks (out in the field) think.

Thanks,
Pardha

[/ QUOTE ]

The next one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi All,

Thanks,
Pardha

[/ QUOTE ]

The next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard that it was the 'previous' one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on who you ask: Oracle would say that it's the current one, consultants would say it's the next one, customers would say it's the last one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on who you ask: Oracle would say that it's the current one, consultants would say it's the next one, customers would say it's the last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the previous future release two generations beyond the next..... I thought everyone knew that.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the previous future release two generations beyond the next..... I thought everyone knew that.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Fusion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fusion

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the fourth point release of Fusion. We all know the first three are practice.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fusion

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the fourth point release of Fusion. We all know the first three are practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one that is social networking aware and cloud based? With an Exadata back-end, right?

[ QUOTE ]
That's the one that is social networking aware and cloud based? With an Exadata back-end, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

- "John Smith, CEO, Likes your sales order #13532"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"John Smith, CEO, has a new litter of puppies and five bushels of corn from his jde app server farm...."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"John Smith, CEO, has a new litter of puppies and five bushels of corn from his jde app server farm...."

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, now I think we've finally veered too far off topic.

Heck, I think it is THIS one. Just because they've moved/renamed the instabilities doesn't mean they are any worse
smile.gif

Tom

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fusion

[/ QUOTE ]

Con ...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist
grin.gif
)

Pardha...Tools 8.98.4.2 is fine. We just completed our upgrade to EnterpriseOne 9.0 Tool 8.98.4.2. Everything is working great.

Pardon my buddies but when you posed the question which is the best you opened up Pandora's box. lol
blush.gif

Back