Testing a BI linked UBE locally

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hello list,

Is it true that UBEs linked to a BI templae etc will only run and produce and output on the server?

If that's true, how can can I test one of my analysts jobs locally?

When we run it locally it produces no output......?
Therefore I cannot verify a quick test.

Many thanks

John

Link the UBE to the RD/XMLP. Run the UBE locally. This should produce the XML 'RD Source' in your local PrintQueue directory. Then, open your Bi rtf template on the local workstation and from the 'OracleBiPublisher' menu item, select data/load XML data and load the XML. Next select 'Preview Template' from the Bi menu to view the final output.

It is true that you can not test the BIP output when running the report locally. Once you have the BIP template and version all set up, you have to test it on the server. Plus you have to test it in the environment in which the BIP kernel is running since the BIP kernel only uses templates in a single environment regardless of where you are logged in. Isn't this a nice gotcha?

Makes sense doh
smile.gif

Awesome help guys, thanks

[ QUOTE ]
... Plus you have to test it in the environment in which the BIP kernel is running since the BIP kernel only uses templates in a single environment regardless of where you are logged in. Isn't this a nice gotcha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,
I believe they fixed that in 8.98.3.0 and higher.

Now, if you have a way to localy test bursting report, i want it. The Word add-in can't do it.

Segfault. It is corrected at least in 8.98.33 with a couple more enhancements that we plan on using

Another gotcha is that some RD's you cannot test just by submitting it. You have to modify and build the version (or create new versions like we are doing to allow for fallback to Create!Forms). Examples are Checks, Contract Billing Invoices, and Expense Reports (All are submitted from calling Applications or UBE's)

Back