View Job Status

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

First of all when i click the subject line to create new post, i noticed that it shows all the subjects of my previous post. Very neat job by JDELIST. I did not noticed that before.

Our user mistakenly deleted the job from view job status - submitted from the JDE. I noticed that the pdf files are in the server so i can bring them again. But the challenge part is that i dont see any data in the table F986110 is there other tables? or i need to restore the backup and pull the data back in to refer these pdf files?

Thanks

Adeel,

This is messy....if you restore from tape, how are you planning on preserving the current jobs that are there? Also did they delete all the jobs or just 1 job?

My take on submitted jobs as far as users are concerned is educating that that WSJ is not a storage for reports, if they want to keep something they need to save it off to a network share or print it. If it is critical that jibs be kept that you should restrict users from deleting any jobs and make that part of your MX policy to clean up jobs at certain intervals.

If this is important to your company you may want to discuss a document retention solution that can take these jobs from JDE and parse them off somewhere else.

Soul
The user deleted only to one specific user. So i can restore the back up and insert only those records which belongs to that users with specific date and assume everything should be fine.

I agree with you to restrict user or implement some kind of policy for future. Lesson learned
smile.gif

Thanks

You could always ask the user to execute the job again, or not?

Hello there and thanks for the responses.

The user can not re-run the payroll again as some jobs belongs to last year T4 etc. and they just want to keep it for compare reports for future job run.

I have given them a pdf files and they are happy but for learning i am confused that where the data comes from which contains batches #, data of job ran, file name etc in submitted job screen. I saw table using sql and see nothing for example i can see the job run by me, so this means it must be coming somewhere.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
But the challenge part is that i dont see any data in the table F986110 is there other tables? or i need to restore the backup and pull the data back in to refer these pdf files? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on the server side. On our iSeries/AS400 setup, the SY900 library has no records for the F986110. In the F986110 in the SVM900 library the records exist giving the PDF names and other fields.

Thanks Guys
I was looking the SY812 schemas, infact it is SVM812.
Mystery solved.

Thanks Magar

Back