Data Source differences?

CNC Newbie

I just applied an ESU to our environment and the special instructions say to make some OCM Mappings for new tables I generated.

Since the instructions don't specify, do I just add them to the SYSTEM data source versus the server map data source or both? What is the difference between them? Would I ever add something to both data sources or will it always be one or the other?

Thanks.

What are the tables ,description and function and what Datasource were they mapped to ?

You would make the OCM mapping in both System and Server Map

System OCM will be accessed by processes running on the client (Web included)

Server map OCM will be accessed by processes running (UBE or BSFN) on the enterprise server that corresponds to that Server Map.

If it were a table that is only accessed by an interactive app , and never through a UBE or BSFN , a need for a server map OCM would never arise technically , but no harm in adding it in the server map also

As a side note, I'd mention the errors in some of the special instructions are a joke. Add to that support by newbies in GSS and it gets scary. Check out Doc. Id 1268852.1, for example.

The Special Instructions state that you must enter an OCM mapping for a BSFN in System and Server Map, pointing it to LOCAL data source. Of course, there is no LOCAL data source in Server Map.

The customer opens an SR for clarification and the support person tells them to add it to "System Map" only. In my 12 years working with JDE I've never heard of a "System Map".

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, I'd mention the errors in some of the special instructions are a joke. Add to that support by newbies in GSS and it gets scary. Check out Doc. Id 1268852.1, for example.

The Special Instructions state that you must enter an OCM mapping for a BSFN in System and Server Map, pointing it to LOCAL data source. Of course, there is no LOCAL data source in Server Map.

The customer opens an SR for clarification and the support person tells them to add it to "System Map" only. In my 12 years working with JDE I've never heard of a "System Map".

[/ QUOTE ]

We do spend a lot of time training their GSS people huh?

Back