Role vs Role

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I'm working to remove the role called 00_Project.
I dont know why such type of role is setup in the past.

This role has 1551 objects attached to it including couples *ALL. I am wondering what is the best way to remove this role as i dont want user to be effected if i remove that project.
Is there a way to compare this role with other role in the system so i can attach the closer one and attach the remaining object in the user level.

Thanks in advance.

Well then i dont really understand. Can you have another go at explaining the issue?

Thanks for asking.

I try again:

Is there any way in jde to compare two roles and find out what each role does and does not? like comparison.

Only way i can do is that using security workbench and do compare manually two roles. I thought there might be easier way?

Thanks

No in JDE there is not an automated way of doing this. I have always had to export the roles to Excel and then do a remove duplicate in excel and see what was left over. That is the easiest way I have found to do this.

I'm afraid Soul Glo is right - about standard JDE. We have a tool that can do it but that involves a small cost.

Adeel,

I have see the All-Out Security role comparison tool. To paraphrase my good friend Jeff from a different thread, it's a slick tool.......

Thanks guys.
Atleast i know that we can not do in E1 only way is manually.
I saw AllOut Security session at Collaborate. I will investigate on that.

Thanks

I know many customers like Allout.
Not sure will this do your specific requirement,

I believe there is a utility you can download from QSoftware called Quickview that will allow you to see what a role has access too based on taskviews oh and last time i looked it was free....

Or you can write a SQL against the security tables to compare. That would be quicker.

Hello there

If i find 1500 rows not identical then can i write those records on the othe role using SQL ? Is there any problem?

It is tedious jobs to copy records to other role one by one in JD (web or thin client).

Thanks
AD

No, there is none. If you want a quick hand with the SQL, let me know.

Thanks Luke for asking.
I wrote a SQL already which will insert the records from Role B to the role A which does not exists in the Role A.
I found 4 records which are already exists and will make changes manually according to the needs as those reocrd's values are not identical in both roles.

I used F00950, i just wanted to make sure it is save to do that way.

Thanks

I dont see any issue doing that. I would say that keep the backup of table before you do this.

Back