Issue with Submit Version specfications only

Shrek

Shrek

Hi CNC Gurus,

I have a simple question on submiting the version specfications. I created a new version for a report and used submit version specfication only from DV to QA. I can see the version and its PO and DS values.

Issue: I want to change the data selection of the same version. Again I changed the DS and submit version specfications. But this time I can't see the recent change. It always show the old DS values. Can any one help me on this ??

Best Regards,
Abdul

Apologies for the delay in response.

Application Release : 8.12
Tools Release: 8.96.10

Thanks,
Abdul

I believe to update your DS on the server, you either have to deploy the version in an update package or rUn the version once with the new data selection instead of version specification only.

Best regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

The report which I mentioned is a standard report. I don’t want to do an update package including this report and newly created version. Is there other way to do without an update package.

Please let me know.

Note: I also tried an update report with some other objects and this new version (Without the report) then this version was not considered as there is no corresponding object listed.

Thanks,
Abdul

Abdul,

I must admit, I'm curious. Why you don't want to create an update package for this?

Hi,

I see no reason either, but did you try to run the version from a fat client?
If it takes too long and it's not an update report, you can always cancel the job...

Best regards,

Jerry

Mr.Abdul shaheen

When u change version specification give for Update package as peter bruce suggested.Let us know whether it is worked or not.

Mastaru.

Back