Date format in Create Director

jivesh vashist

Hi All, I am really stuck on a problem with create director 6.

We made a script in director to email/fax invoices which was working fine. All The invoices were developed using create designer 3.
The problem started when I changed the date format on the form from dd/mm/yyyy to "month dd-year" format(for which I created a new date format in create form designer). In doing so the director script somehow broke and is now displaying junk dates from the year 2000 on the merged pdf which are nowhere to be found on the jde pdf.

More interestingly, the merge functions correctly when I use the adobe plug-in to merge or send the output directly to a cfprinter. It is only in case of director that the merge gives strange values for date field (all the other data is good).

Another thing I found is that when I remove the split node(splitting is done on project set which is done on page num=1) the director script works fine and displays date in correct format.

I tried setting the date order in file properties..but it's not working. It only works when I remove the split node. Really stuck on this one..please help
confused.gif

What versions are you running? This sounds like it might be a bug in the version your using (especially the parts about the plug-in working correctly and removing the split node).

Karen.

Hi Jivesh,

Have you found the issue to your problem?

We have encountered a similar issue, where the Director scrip works fine if the split node is removed. However, there's nothing special about the splitting logic, which typically uses a variable such as the document/order number. Interestingly, this also worked ok, until the designer objects have been changed, which also included changes to date formats....

It does not seem logical that the date format change would cause issues, as previews still be generated in Designer without issues.

I had something similar recently - I added logic to the project that caused the split node to drop one of the documents. I was told v6.4.20 resolved the problem but have not had time to apply the upgrade yet.

What version are you running?

Karen.

Hi Karen,

We are also on 6.4.2. We found that there's no problem to the logic at all. In the end, repairing the install fixed the issue.

Lynnol

Yes, We sorted out the problem..I got to know that it's a bug in Create Designer 3 which was rectified in their later versions..The director is not able to read dates in date format set by Designer 3, but it works fine when same thing is done through desinger 6..Sorry for the late reply!!

Back