Input PDF file not created with UBE Option

sam123

Hi,

I have recently installed Create!form designer 3 on my client along with Acrobat versions - Standard 6, Distiller 6 and Reader 6. I have also made jde.ini setting under UBE section UBEPrintDataItems=1. I am trying to open pdf files from server from our create!form directory and I get this error " Input PDF file not created with UBE option" error.
All the pdf's in the directory contain metadata as the server ini is already configured. The same pdf's can be opened in create!form from my colleagues machine. We have same exact software versions , acrobat versions and ini settings. I even tried unstall and reinstall but nothing works. I even checked the permssions for those folders and everything looks good. I m not able to figure out how I can get rid of this issue. I checked some of the earlier threads and they were pretty useful yet, I need more info to revolve my issue.
Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
The JDE version is E812 TR 8.96.7 on AS/400, windows XP.

Thanks,
Sam

That's very odd that another user can open the same file without error. When you changed the JDE.ini was it on the server or a fat client? If on the server you'll need to stop/start JDE services to have the change take effect and then run a new job. Same type of thing on your fat client... stop/start and run a new job.

Generally CformDesigner does not lie about PDF's not having the required metadata. The other user was opening the same PDF or running the same job again (which generates a new PDF)?

Karen.

Back