Third Party Geo-mapping Software for E812?

vmcdaniel

Hello JDEListers,

Does anyone know of or has anyone implemented any geo-mapping software that integrates with JDE 8.12? Not to sound too ambiguous, I am just wanting to know if anyone has had this requirement to implement and has found something that can be configured for use with the 8.12 web application without major software development being involved. I didn't see anything in past posts concerning this.

Thanks,

Vernon

It, sort of, depends on what you mean by Geo-Mapping?

Do you mean the ability to display a Google Map, showing the location of the active client you have selected on a screen? Yes - Oracle IS giving us that functionality, probably within the next couple of tools releases.

During Collaborate, Oracle was very 'happy' to provide examples of how they will allow EnterpriseOne Applications to interact with External WEB (Http & Https ONLY).

Configurable on 'many' applications, out of the box - the "Related Information" ability will allow you to link to external sites like Google Maps - and append info into the "Parameterized" URLs.

If you are looking for that type of functionality - let's be a few tools more patient.

grin.gif

(db)

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean the ability to display a Google Map, showing the location of the active client you have selected on a screen? Yes - Oracle IS giving us that functionality, probably within the next couple of tools releases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan,

Thanks for the info. In a nutshell, I'd say yes to that and whatever else the software can do. I was mainly putting the feelers just to see what there is out there that I'm unaware of, since this was asked by my mgt. Sounds like we may very well want to wait to see what the next few tools release upgrades will offer since that IS an integrated solution.
cool.gif

- Vernon

I was very excited to see the introduction of the RIAF (Related Information Application Framework) introduced and demonstrated to me by Oracle at Collaborate 11. This new framework functionality is part of Tools 8.98.4 and allows enabling links to be accessed directly from data inputted into various EnterpriseOne interactive version applications for unlimited potential websites such a Google, GoogleMaps, etc. and even Oracle OBIA. This is so easy to set up as the framework analyzes the URL and prompts you to identify the available application fields to complete the E1 parameters side of the URL match. The security set ups are also available to user, environment, and application.

If you want more information, go onto My Oracle Support website and search for "Related Information Applications Framework."

Integration to ESRI is probably very possible through XML - I have experience of the ESRI arc/info database from far, far in my past (I worked for ESRI in the uk in the late '80's, helped to implement it for BP for oil exploration) - being able to integrate their products to JDE would actually not be difficult, providing you wanted something a little more in-depth than google maps ! But, anything on those lines would be a very in-depth development project.

[ QUOTE ]
It, sort of, depends on what you mean by Geo-Mapping?

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to wait a couple Tools Releases Daniel. It is in the current Tools Release 8.98.4 and with the assistance of someone from the Tools/Technology Product Management Team in the Oracle booth at Collaborate 11, I was able to set up Address Book to display Google Maps in the bottom of the screen keying off the Ship To address -and- Inventory Ledger to direct link to OBIA to display various out-of-the-box dashboard graphs on the Cardex data in under thirty minutes. Not bad for a functional...not technical guy...huh? It is slick and easy to setup and use for connectivity to just about any website, and embedded in Tools Release 8.98.4

Nice short meeting at Collaborate db.
I saw demo in the session and surprised to see that we can easily do the setup for GIS.

Thanks
AD

Back