Open Merged PDF on Pugin 7.0.200.513

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dears,

For some strange reasons when we try to merge a large PDF (say 2000 pages) through Create!form v 7.0.200.513 Plugin it gives a merge failed after an unually long time of precessing.

I am attaching the Plug In log file and gs.log files for anybody who can have a look.

We have opened a case with Bottomline but they are also not sure and investigating.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Soumen

Attachments

• 168255-Log.zip
    213.8 KB · Views: 113
Does the merge plug-in have a limit to the size of PDF file it can successfully merge?

It's possible the PostScript that Cform v7 is generating (that is then passed to GhostScript) is the problem. By default Ghostscript limits the size of the dictionary stack to 500 elements. The first error I see in your gs.log file is "Error: /dictstackoverflow".

If this is the problem it's internal stuff that only Bottomline developers can fix. Let us know what happens, others here might run into the same problem.

Karen.

We have been informed by Bottomline that the logo which is an eps file is what is causing the merge to fail. They suggested removing the sub-form and include a JPEG image instead of an eps file.

When we removed the sub-form containing the eps file the pdf was getting merged using plug-in 7.0.200.

They also suggested to remove unckeck the "3.x compatible" check from the Project>Properties.

However it still takes a long time to do a merge. Just to give you an idea a 3000 page JDE PDF takes 9 mins to merge!

But I do not see the error related to Error: /dictstackoverflow this time around. (after removing the logo).

Back