Have you ever seen where only some rows will show up on the screen?

CNCgopher

Hi all,
We're on JDE 9.0 8.98.3.2 toolset. NT Servers.
The users are now noticing that the pages are coming up with partial lists of rows. It even happens on version lists. And it doesn't happen every time or to every person. I see nothing in any of the logs that aren't 'usual errors'. I've looked everything up I've found. Has anyone seen this issue in recent releases? I haven't seen it before this.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Gopher,

What's your platform / configuration?

Is an antivirus running ln the server? All users or just a select group? Does your organization permit browser plugins?

(db)

Hi Daniel,

[ QUOTE ]
What's your platform / configuration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Gopher's post again.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We're on JDE 9.0 8.98.3.2 toolset. NT Servers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes this info resides in the preface of the post, instead of in the signiture or in the end of the post.

Regards,

Zoltán

Check if there is any proxy settings in your Orginization if so you need to bypass it.
Is this the new installation?. I mean was this working before and you have problem now?

Chan

Hi there,
Not sure if this would help but it sounds similar to an issue we had with sales order inquiry screen where we would have missing information on some rows and again only with some users i.e. look up sales on a certain SKU see 10 rows (low seller) and on 5 rows some or all of the sales cat codes would disappear.
We had requested visibility of the "detailed attachments" and so they were added as a column to this screen which worked/works fine as long as it is kept as the last column on screen, if you move it anywhere info starts to disappear. So, if you have any "custom" view fields in any of the screens that are giving you trouble see if making them the last column on screen helps. Hopefully, your users have been taught when creating new tabs to always leave Format 1 alone, if they have the next time someone has the issue see if it is the same on the Format 1 tab.

I did find antivirus running on the server. I shut it off in the afternoon. Would it cause issues on WebSphere?

Thank you

Gopher,

Anti-Virus on the Server - can have interesting results, frankly - it provides a great big 'unknown' to the question of 'why'. Yes, it could be the issue, but in real terms, it is 'probably' not the issue. However, the functions and magic that happens on the server can be mis-understood by the AV. Thus, many installations work some magic around the AV realm (leave it on, but place 'exclusions' on specific folders and activities).

A more threatening issue would be Browser Plug-Ins. They can read each line coming into the browser and attempt to manipulate - thus, the display can have awful results.

I know of one client that, if the user submits an issue with a screen-shot that shows a Browser Plug-in, they require the user to remove the Plug-in and retry, before they will accept the ticket.

Regards,

(db)

Thank you for your reply. We're also getting partial lists coming up from even looking at UBE Version lists. I will keep in mind your suggestions as any of these could potentially help in fixing it.

We are going to start excluding some folders from antivirus. First we will turn it off altogether on a workstation and test that. This also could be a network issue since most of the people with this issue are in a remote building from the others. We need to talk with the onsite people to rule that out first though.

Thanks to all who have been giving me help in resolving this. I've been reading up on antivirus issues on the Oracle site.

Thank you very much Daniel. We're checking on the plug-ins and I will give IT folders to omit if the test to turn off the antivirus works.

Back