Problem with F31122 after conversions...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
So, we're in the process of upgrading from Xe to 9.0 (as I'm sure you're all aware by now
smile.gif
). I just finished another round of data conversions, and this time there's a problem we didn't have before -- the quantites in F31122 are all multiplied by 1000. This seems like some conversion that didn't get done (or got done twice?), but I'm not sure what that would be -- the only conversion for that table says it finished successfully. Any ideas?

Scotti,

that rings a bell as something we ran into during our upgrade also last year - unfortunately my memory (co-worker Don) is on vacation so can't absolutely confirm. I believe we reported it to Oracle but then used SQL to fix.

Check your Decimalization for the Data Dictionary. Chances are very good they are different between What 'Was' and What 'Will Be'.

I don't recall the goodness, but there should be a conversion report - that details many of the Data Dictionary changes, specifically those items that are different from a Decimalization standpoint.

I'm going to place a guess - that if some of the values in the F31122 are off by decimalization, then any table that uses those same Data Dictionary Items will be off, also?

One thing of 'safety' that I, usually, run for my clients - do an SQL (or some other sort of compare) of all the DD of the 'Was' and 'Will Be'. This will identify additional changes (like corrected bOrgacle Spelling mistakes, custom descriptions to Cat Codes and... it's an endless list!)

(db)

Back