Can we override the 'Default' location for the .Par?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Can we override the \'Default\' location for the .Par?

Question to toss to the CNC Folk:

Is there an INI setting to default a 'Save to .Par' to a specific location? If the Save to .Par is being used as an Archive - planting the .Par in the 'default' location runs the risk saying See-Ya during the next Full Deployment.

If it could be defaulted to another location - that would be grand!

(db)

Re: Can we override the \'Default\' location for the .Par?

Hi I'm not CNC but the default save location can be set within P98230.

Also on clicking save in OMW you should also get the option to:

Press Yes - to use a ZIP file (and choose location)
Press No - to use the default location

Does this help?

Hi Aidy,

I was looking for a way to 'default' the save location of the .PAR.

Every time a full packages is taken - that Spec folder, containing all your .PARs gets deleted and re-created.

Ideally, I would like the ability to have it default to a different location (outside of an area that would vanish every time a full is excepted).

(db)

Hi db

I've just found a document I read a while back. It can be found on metalink ID 626181.1

The document talks about creating a new path code with an empty set of central objects in which to save to. I'm just wondering if this might help you out with this particular problem.

Many thanks
Aidy

Hey aidy,

That's a nice find!

I reverse linked it back to:
E1: OMW: Master Note for EnterpriseOne Object Management Workbench [ID 1265818.1]

which gives a ton of nice-to-know info!

The Document Id you provided explains how to create the DEVSAVE Location - basically, an empty copy of your Dev Object Specifications. I scanned the document, and couldn't find anything specific to overwriting the .PAR specs to a new location. When you save and object (or project) to the Zip (par) location - it always saves to the same location on the local machine.

I'm not sure where the switch might be that allows us to default that 'location' to somewhere else. I prefer another location - because full builds will wipe out the default location(s) on the local machine.

Nice dig - nice find!

(db)

What about for the XE folks where it has no option, ini setting possible to allow for that? I would like to save off to local drive for some objects so I can get them onto a 2nd instance of JDE. That possible? Can I use possible the 'LOCAL' pathcode within OWM? Presently we are set up with the DEVSAVE scenario as describe in the documents, so possibly can't use the objects in such a pathcode as is?

Otherwise what options are there for getting objects across to that 2nd instance without having to manually recreate all of that?

Plus an odd deal where OMW indicates the save completed but not seeing anything in that DEVSAVE pathcode for sometime (very old timestamps, non-applicable files).

XE, World
SQL - MS Server 2003
ISeries

You could investigate using Boomerang to save your OMW project to a file, using different file names for each time you need to save (giving you a type of versioning).

You could then import them back into your 2nd instance using Boomerang again.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Back