Parallel upgrade?

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

We are on E810 and considering to upgrade to ERp90. I have a question if any one every attempted a parallel upgrade.

Basically leave the original e180 environment running and do vanila install of 90 on new set of server ( Dep/ent/Web) and run a across the server upgrade. Has anyone attempted to do this. I would like to hear any gotcha or issues they had encountered with this.

Thanks in advnace for sharing your expeience...

Yes nick,

That's a very common option, It's really the only safe way to do an upgrade without affecting the original environment. It can be achieved either with additional hardware, or using virtualized hardware. It all depends on what OS/DB you are using.

As an extra plug, I recommend using Boomerang to then transfer the objects safely between the 8.10 and 9.02 environments. Then all you have to worry about is the data backup/restore or copy followed by the conversions, ensuring the data can be converted in the weekend you want to go live.

I've created many upgrade plans in exactly the same way - please contact me to discuss further if you're interested in using boomerang to do this and assistance with the upgrade itself.

Depending on the complexity of your customizations, this upgrade process can usually be achieved very quickly.

Back