Server Manager user security to clear cache

cody_bell

cody_bell

I want to give a user group access to clear cache only.
I give them the following permissions:

Global Permissions:
appServerConfig

Server Group Permissions:
clearCache
viewGroupMembers
webProductInstance

They can go to the JDBj Database Caches screen and nothing is greyed out. They put a check next to the line they want to clear and click on the CLEAR CACHE button.

They get a grey box with red text saying "Error" and "1. You are not authorized to perform the specified action."

The thing is that they get this error even if I give then all permissions for global and group.

I really do not want to give them console_admin just to clear cache

Hi,
I tried giving the user only

Server Group Permissions:
clearCache
viewGroupMembers

This way the user was able to clear the cache and at the same time had read-only access to configuration details.

Thanks,

Did you give them anything under Global Group Permissions?
I'll try your setup and see what I get.

Thank you for your help.

That didn't work, still getting this error.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Screen shot attached </pre><hr />
Does anyone know what is touched once the "Clear Cache" button is pressed?

Attachments

• 167737-Error1.doc
    178.5 KB · Views: 142
Hi,

No, I did not mention anything under Global Group Permissions.

I tried giving the same access as mentioned by you, but did not face any errors while clearing cache.

The error is not a SM security issue, but a standard security restriction.
The user needs access to run P986116 (Reset Cache row exit from Work with Servers) in 'normal' E1.

I agree with you in that the error is not a server manager security error. I think it is coming from either JAS, our iSeries enterprise server or the deployment server.

SM is installed on the deployment server and we have JAS on both windows and iSeries.

As for P986116, the user I'm using in server manager has complete access to everything in E1. Including the authority to reset the server cache from P986116.

I need to know what is going on under the covers when the cache button is pressed.

Isn't there something about the user who starts the JAS has to have certain authority?

Back