R03B500X

kread

Hi,
We're running R03B500X weekly through Tidal. Over the last couple of months, the job has been running over 6 hours. I'm not familiar with the job and have been asked to investigate why it runs so long.

If anyone is familiar with the purpose of the job, I'd appreciate any information. We're on 8.0.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
We're running R03B500X weekly through Tidal. Over the last couple of months, the job has been running over 6 hours. I'm not familiar with the job and have been asked to investigate why it runs so long.

If anyone is familiar with the purpose of the job, I'd appreciate any information. We're on 8.0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelly,

That job is called Statement Notification Refresh. I took a look at our system, we have multiple versions. We have mointhly, quarterly, and year end versions. Maybe you don't have a good data selection on your job so it is pulling from too broad of a selection?

- Gregg

Thanks Gregg. I should have specified that we're running this verion without data selection. We also have a number of versions and only this one has caused a problem. Perhaps it's a symptom of the size of the data base but not being familiar with the job, I wanted to get some input. We're specifying the company (our largest) in the processing options. We're not specifying a date in the 'as of' processing option. I'm hesitant to suggest that a date be used without knowing what it will affect.

Thanks,
Kelly

This version is kinda slipping on a banana peal, huh?
grin.gif

I haven't looked at the version and the processing options in great detail, but you could take advantage of a feature in Tidal. Tidal allows you to pass in a variable. You could designate a date function of some sort and limit the data selection. Try that road and see if it can help cut Cherry tree down to size.

BTW - great website, I love how the products dive down from the sky. And the bananas on the beach in front of the Chiquita Market are a hoot.

Without data selection, all invoices will print on the statement, both paid and unpaid which results in all previously paid invoices to print on the statement. I would expect this to increase processing time. Is this what the your organization wants? My experience has been that most organizations only want unpaid invoices to print on a statement. To exclude paid invoices add data selection Open Amount is not equal <ZERO> .

The company processing option does not provide data selection. It causes the invoices for all companies to print on one consolidated statement, as opposed to a separate statement for each company. The company in the processing option is used to identify the remit to address on the statement.

The 'As Of Date' processing option causes the program to recompute the open balance of each invoice. For example if I specify an as of date of 02/28/11 and run R03B500X today (03/22/11), the program will exclude all invoices after 02/28/11 and back out all cash receipts from March. This causes the program to take even longer to run.

Back