WebCenter 11g

cnc__guy

cnc__guy

Well Known Member
JDEList friends,

I have a general question regarding Webcenter 11g.

I am looking to install this product internally for some testing and I am looking for estimates of effort involved. Would you please be so kind as to answer the following questions for me?

1. How long did it take to get it installed and operational (actual hours please, not just elapsed time)?
2. What are you using for hardware for this solution?
3. Special ESUs required?
4. Other patches or 'fixes' required?

I am hoping that by collecting answers to these simple questions I will be able to get a feel for how long it could take me to get this up and running.

Also, feel free to add any lessons learned, any 'gotchas' or any other tidbits of information that may help me down this path.

Thanks,
James

E1 9.0, SQL Server 2005, 8.98.41, OAS

I have just started down this road myself today. So far I have reviewed these guides:

- Oracle Database Documentation Library for 11g R1
- 898_E1Tools_Portal_Guide_for_Oracle_WebCenter_rev01
- 8983FMW_WebCenter11gInstallation

Are there any other guides we should get?

For your test runs you installed the Oracle DB, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle WebCenter, and Oracle Internet Directory on the same server. Did you use the same server as the Producer and Consumer?

There is a red paper called "Generation of portlets for all portal servers." If you have not implemented LDAP before, you will need the 8.98 Security Administration Guide.

I installed WebCenter 11.1.1.2 + required patch and this is my test configuration
1) E.O. 9.00 + UPD2
2) TR 8.98.4.1 (but TR 8.98.4.2 includes some sars about portal solution, I'm waiting for it since february) - Windows 2008 1 CPU - 4 G RAM
3) WebLogic 10.3.2 for JDE WSRP application provider - Windows 2008 1 CPU - 4 G RAM
4) Configured LDAP over WebCenter WebLogic to authenticate user against Windows Active Directory
5) tested succesfully single sign on using Windows password. Users signs in WebCenter and open JDEdwards E1Menù or other portlet without retyping user and password.
6) tested succesfully some custom portlet

We decided to NOT implement WebCenter solution for two main problems:
1) From WebCenter when you open a page with EnterpriseOne you are not prompted to choose JDEdwards role. So from Webcenter you can access JDE only with role "*ALL". If you have users with roles not included in "*ALL" they can't use WebCenter tpo access E1 with a specific role.
2) We want design portal solution with E1 and Oracle OBIEE (two Oracle software!!!!!) and we encountered a lot of limitation. JDE in certify over WebCenter 11.1.1.2. OBIEE is deploiable over WebCenter 11.1.1.4 only creating a war application using JDeveloper extension 11.1.1.4 for OBIIE and this extension is not available again!!!!

Good luck. If you wil share your experience over this thread I'll be glad to read your impression.
ciao
gg

Back