On Failures Send Email To

Lynnol

Hi,

Does anyone know if there can be a "On Failures Send Email To" setting applied to Create!Form Server? This setting can be applied for Create!email, but does not seem to exist in Create!Form Server.

We are using Create!Form 6.4 and Create!Form Server 3.2

Thanks.

Lynnol

The reason why we want this function is to have someone notified when a job clogs up the queue on Create!Form Server. Alternatively, is there a setting to prevent the clogging of such error jobs so that other incoming jobs can get processed as well?

There is no "email notification on failure" setting in CformServer6. Your choice is to pass the job to the printer if there is no matching project or fail it.

Jobs that fail because there is no project should not cause jobs that come after it to get stuck. Have you looked at the type of jobs that are causing your print queue to get clogged? I would think there is something wrong with the Cdirector project that could be fixed to resolve this problem. That's been the case with my system when I've seen what you describe.

Karen.

Thanks for your reply, Karen.

The jobs are getting clogged up due to invalid printer names. For example, if it is sending to a printer that does not exist, the job will error, and at this point in time, it usually has reached the end of the Director script, as the job is already "send to printer".

Are there other ways to work around this?

Lynnol

I have a Cdirector project that does something similar - tries to send the job to a printer that doesn't exist. In my case CformServer6 is just logging the message "Failed to open 'printer name'". This is with CformServer v6.1. The job does not get stuck and cause the queue to get clogged up.

If you change the logging level to maximum logging and then release a job that you know causes the problem are there any clues to what the problem is in the log?

The other thing I can think of is if there is any unique event logged in Event Viewer when the "clogged printer" happens that you can use to then trigger an email message.

Karen.

Back