External Database/ Web Client

RajeshGarg

We have 9.0 and setup a foreign database connected to the JDE. The OCM mappings re in place and access is setup and ODBC also setup. Everything runs exactly as required on Windows client.

However when we run the same programs on web client we get an error. We tried setting up the JDBC drivers but keep on getting the errors Suitable Driver not found. While we are reseaching the driver can someone tell me how does JDBC know which database to connect and what username password. On FAT cleint i think it uses the ODBC but where on server can we define the JDBC.

Any other thoughts/ experience will be great help.

I haven't tried this with the web client, so this is merely speculation.

All the JDBC access looks to the Data Source Definitions in F98611 for information on where and how to connect. The user name and password for the connection would be whatever your security alias(es) is (or are).

Did you define the new (foreign) data source in both System and Server Map? Did you check that you defined the proper JDBC driver in Server Manager, and uploaded and distributed the .JAR file?

Thanks for your reply. We did not do the Server map. Our CNC here is going to configure that today. Will let you if we did anything else also and the results.

Thanks one more time for your reply.

We had couple of pieces missing as our initial thought was JAS should not look at ODBC but apparently it does and also the hostname was not geting resolved.

After fixing those everything works like a charm.

Back