Problem with a user logging in...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
In our 9.0 system (which isn't live yet), I've got one user that can't log in. He has the same role as other users that can log in, and I've reset his password, but he gets the error "eSecSystemFailure: Security kernel encountered system problem! Please talk to a OneWorld Administator" when he tries to log in. The jde.log has nothing in it but the same answer; when I turn debugging on, the log looks normal, but stops right before where it would normally say "Try to validate user by password". The account was copied over from Xe with all the others that are working, and isn't disabled or anything, so I'm kind of stumped as to what's going wrong... any ideas?

Scott,

This sounds familiar to a problem we had upgrading from Xe to 9.0. It could be that user may be missing their F00921 record. Bring the user's profile up in E1 in the user profiles screen (P0092) and tab through all of the fields, including those in the lower half of the screen under "Display Preferences", even if they are blank. Then hit save and see if it works.

We found a few users in Xe like that. It isn't required in Xe but 9.0 stops hard if the record is missing.

Hope that helps.

I was hoping that would be it, but nope, he already had a record in the table. I tabbed through all the fields in the user screen and saved just to be sure everything was OK, and it didn't make any difference. Thanks for the idea, though!

Ended up deleting the user and re-creating him and now everything's fine. Hopefully that was a fluke and I'm not going to have to do that for a lot of users.

You're not the only one to have to go through this
smile.gif
And definitely not the last, either
tongue.gif

This post is eligible tor the Tips and Traps forum.

PS My profile stopped working a couple of weeks after the upgrade from 8.10 to 8.12
grin.gif

Took it to Support, no solution, didn't want to wait anymore, deleted it from E1 User Security, re-created it, and no problemo anymore.
Confirmed to Support, just in case anybody else happens to report it, again.

Hi All,

I have installed E1 Update 2 package(Downloaded from Edelivery) today. But facing the issue will logging in.

Error : esecfailure. Contact ur system administrator.....

Please share ur ideas to solve this error.

I'm using Win XP SP2. FYI

Thanks,
Muthu

Attachments

• 174175-error.jpg
    174175-error.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 99
Back