Viewing PDF Opens Additional Windows

DMiller

Hi List -
A month or so ago, I applied tools release 8.98.4.1 to our lower environments and have been hit up by our users with this little annoyance...

When in View Job Status (P986110B), and clicking row to select View PDF... at this point a blank Internet Explorer window opens overlaid with a smaller File Download window asking to either Open, Save, or Cancel. You click Open and then Adobe starts up and the PDF opens to view the report. However then this blank Internet Explorer window stays up (even after closing Adobe and E1). You have to manually close this window. Annoying!
mad.gif
Plus if you continue to open other reports... more and more of these blank windows come up which must be closed manually.

I managed to find a web-runtime setting in Server Manager (Disable File Download Pop-up) to turn this off. However… it didn't seem to work as the window still pops up. Is there something else that needs to be changed?

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to stop these extra windows from coming up?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Sadly, this is known behavior. I forget if there was anything that could be done about it, but I don't believe there was. I know there was a Knowledge Garden doc that addressed this. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Back