Media Objects issue in Linux

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

We are in the process of converting our Windows/WebSphere web servers to Linux/WebSphere. I have configured the FTP settings, but cannot get media objects to work. When I try to do an attachment in the web client, the screen goes blank and sits for a while, but nothing ever comes back. I am able to perform FTP functions from the command line without issue.

Is anyone currently using media objects on Linux?

Thanks.

Matthew

Hey Matthew

We had a bear of a time getting that to work as well. let me review my notes and I'll pass along the magic formula.

- Gregg

Check out the replies to Gregg's earlier post: #165760.

I saw similar behavior where the screen was blank. I solved it by putting the JAS instance into debug where I found that the FTP was failing when it tried to retrieve the object. The debug was great because it showed me that it was using the wrong path, based on how I had configured the F98MOQUE entires.

Good luck!

David

Re: Media Objects issue in Linux - please help!

Hello,

I have tried putting the server in debug, but there is nothing in the log that indicates what is going on. I have looked at all of the docs I could find on the support site, and nothing works...

Here is what I have done:

1. Created user jasftp on Deployment Server.
2. Installed IIS and configured FTP with a virtual directory (e812) pointed to D:\JDEdwards\E812.
3. Gave jasftp user admin access to the Virtual Directory.
4. Configured HTMLUpload queue in P98moque to point to \\usatxmdrj01\e812\mediaobj\htmlupload (all lowercase).
5. configured ftp user, password, and port in server manager.

I can ftp to the deployment server from the web server on the command line and do puts and gets, so that part is working, it's just performing attachments in E1 that is broke.

I read in one of the docs to create a duplicate account on the deployment server for the account that is starting the web services on the linux server, is that really necessary? If it is, then why do we need to configure an FTP user? The problem with that is that I don't know what the password for the jde812 account is, as part of the corporate security policy is to not give direct access to service accounts, we use sudo to run commands as another user.

So, am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Re: Media Objects issue in Linux - please help!

One new thing I've found.. The ftp connection is established from the web server to the ftp service running on the deployment server, as I can see the successful connection in the ftp log. However, the log file is large (64K), and most of it is just blanks!

Back