User / Role Security

Leo Tavares IT

Hello everyone, first of all i will introduce myself, my name is Leonardo, and i am currently working as a consultant for an Consulting company located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, i have recently found this forum, and i was hoping someone could help me.

See, we are seaking an opportunity to work with JDE and i have never worked with it. I'm looking for some material about user / role management/security, how it works, how is the link between user / groups / roles...

I hope anybody can help me...

Leonardo,

Welcome to the list! You'll find a LOT of very talented folks here - and be able to glean a lot of knowledge from their experience. Also, we'll expect you to share your experience and follow-up with any resolutions to specific queries.

If your organization has access to the Oracle Support site - I would suggest you scan through the documentation, there - and identify more-specific issues/gaps...

A good place to start, might be:
http://www.oracle.com/pls/jde/homepage

Note: Do take a moment to review the JDELIST Sticky-Posts, at the top of the developer forum. (Re: Netiquiette, Guidelines and Asking questions the Smart Way)....

Welcome to the List!

(db)

Three other tips

There is a Oracle Press book on JDE that you might want to purchase: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne The complete reference

You might want to take some classes from Oracle University, they have classes on security and JDE administration. good topics for your question

Subscribe to the jdetips journal. That is a bi-monthly e-magazine with excellent articles. A paid subscription also gives you access to their document library that has thousands of excellent articles. I am one of their contributors. Writers for jdetips are all seasoned professionals who write tips based on personal experience. Stuff you won't pick up from an Oracle U class.

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone, first of all i will introduce myself, my name is Leonardo, and i am currently working as a consultant for an Consulting company located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.....

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, welcome to the list. I hope you can take a break from the list and enjoy yourself at Carnival this weekend. Looks like a lot of fun.

You can download some whitepapers from our website. We also have a portuguese speaker who can provide training if you are interested.

Back