SR 3-3048767481: P00SPDL - Procedure BLDDWNLOADXML Receiver value too small to hold result error occurs sporadically

Nichelle

Well Known Member
SR 3-3048767481: P00SPDL - Procedure BLDDWNLOADXML Receiver value too small to hold result error occurs sporadically

We just opened this SR with Oracle, does anyone have any insight they can share?
confused.gif

Problem Description: When using programs that have been coded to use BIP, the error "Receiver value too small to hold result" FROM Program POOSPDL Procedure BLDDWNLOADXML occurs occasionally. Usually, if the job with the error is cancelled and a job for the same program is submitted with the nothing changed from the process that encountered the error, the second job will complete normally without the error.

I have been assigned your Service Request regarding the MCH1210 your getting when running some of your custom applications with BIP. I have scanned our database and I'm not finding any similar issues regarding this error. Typically this error is related to output to a file and the output field in the file needs to be increased in size to accomadate the size of the detail being moved to the output. Why sometimes it works is another mystery. Have you applied any updates to your A9.2. Could you please let me know if you are running a Dream Writer or a World Writer? Any more detail you could provide would be appreciated.

The process involved is using a Dream Writer. It is using a customized Invoice Print. The CL J42565 has been customized. The RPG program P42565 has been customized. Also, other custom programs are executed after the customzed Invoice print P42565 has completed to create out custom invoice.

We have applied SARS 8941052 and 8928081 to P00SPDL.

We have not applied any SARS to J42565 or P42565. When we upgraded to A9.2, we combined the A9.2 versions of J42565 and P42565 with our custom code.

Thanks in advance.

Re: SR 3-3048767481: P00SPDL - Procedure BLDDWNLOADXML Receiver value too small to hold result error occurs sporadically

I just had that same error in one of my custom Reports. I found that if I set the size for PRTWIDTH (4th Parm when calling P00SPDL) in the Report CLP to 2 less than where the R@PHD1/R@DTL1/R@UNL1 etc etc (THe FIeld name in the print file, not the hardcoded Literal Text) were positioned in the print file, then the error was fixed and it downloaded corretly.

Good Luck.

Re: SR 3-3048767481: P00SPDL - Procedure BLDDWNLOADXML Receiver value too small to hold result error occurs sporadically

Thanks for the suggestion but we already have it set to be 2 less so it has to be something else mainly because this error does not occur all of the time just some of the time. Never when we are running invoices but occasionaly when we are running checks.
Anybody else have any ideas?

Back