Getting Error when Deploying BSSV

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi folks,
I am playing with BSSV for the first time on my E900 lab installation, all windows with OAS.

I build an update package with all the standard Business Services and cannot get past the "Package Deployment Attribute" screen. It says that:

"Failed to retrieve Business Services application server list."

I found a list of what to check at the oracle support site but could find the problem yet. My URL seems to be ok, the Server Mamanger user as well, checked jdbj.ini and tnsnames.ora.

Maybe someone out there could give me a hint what I could be missing.

Thanks, Gerd

What things in the list did you check? Did you create/register a BSSV server through Server Manager yet?

I checked things like SM user, URL to SM, .ini files on my fat client, etc.

Yes I did create a BSSV through SM but I suspect it my not be properly installed. There are only 2 folders under jde_home\targets\MyWebServices : config and logs. And the logs are not getting written when I start this Business Services Server.

What port number should I use for my BSSV? Are there any rules ?

I am working myself through some manuals and have a couple of questions:

- To deploy the BSSV to my server, do I have to build a full package or can it be done through an update package ?
- Can I build the Business Services on the Deployment Server or do I have to use a fat client? Why?
- I understand that I need JDeveloper installed on the build machine, do I need to install or configure anything else ?

Thanks, Gerd

You will need a proper jdbj.ini, jas.ini and jdeinterop.ini. In short, your local JAS solution MUST be working for this to be deployed. Yes your deployment server can be used, provided you set this up proper.
Also, the user id used for deploying the package should also be configured in Server manager.
You do not need a full package to be built for BSSV. You do a BSSV only update.

Thanks Glen

Local Web is working on my build machine, user ID is configured for SM.
I seem to have problems with the BSSV update package build.

During package build I get only about 20 or so lines like this in my BusinessService.log file:

[unjar] Expanding: <mypackage>\java\sbfjars\JP010000.jar into <mypackage>\java\sbf\source\oracle\e1\bssv\JP010000

Later, during java compilation I get errors in the BusinessService_Compile.log:
package oracle.e1.bssv.J0100006 does not exist

And really these files have not been unjared in the previous step. Why not?

On the BSSV selection screen in P9603 I do select ALL BSSV available, some 9 services in my case, all standard.

Am I missing something, in the literal sense?
I am playing with BSSV for the first time, so if I ask stupid questions, please bear with me.

Thanks, Gerd

Gerd,

I have been troubleshooting through a lot of BSSVs issue recently. Here are a couple things to check. Take a look at the F951000 table in the control table data source. This table should have records for each of the BSSVs you have. Also check the F951010 table in the system data source. It should have at least one record with the following: MCKEY should be SBFPackagePrefix and MCSTR should be oracle.e1.bssv. You may have another record with MCSTR as oracle.e1.bssv.util.

Then check the F98601 table in the object librarian data source. This should have a record for each business service. The F98602 will have the business services and which path code they belong too. Make sure that if you are building a DV BSSV package for example - you have the business services with the DV path code. Last, check the F98603 and look for the same thing. The services should all have matching path code entries. Let me know if all this validates successfully and you still have issues.

Very well Steven, that was it! Thanks a lot.

F98602 and F98603 had no proper records for DV900, but there were records for pathcode PRST900(?). I fixed the tables using SQL commands and was able to build and deploy my BSSV package. Finally!
Once it´s done it doesn´t look so difficult after all.

Thanks again, Gerd

Back