how to add an application as favorites in webclient?

Greenleaf

Hello,

I am new to JDE CNC and I am using JDE 8.12, can anyone tell me how to add an application as favorites in webclient, Is it possible with CNCADMIN and SECSUPPORT roles ?

Unless that function has been locked out with security, any regular user should be able to "Add To Favorites."

When you place your mouse on a menu item to run it, you should notice a right-facing arrow appear next to it. If you click on this arrow, you'll see a little options menu pop up, with Add To Favorites as one of the options.

Hello,

Thank you very much , that was very helpful
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Unless that function has been locked out with security, any regular user should be able to "Add To Favorites."

When you place your mouse on a menu item to run it, you should notice a right-facing arrow appear next to it. If you click on this arrow, you'll see a little options menu pop up, with Add To Favorites as one of the options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ken,

Out of curiosity, is the arrow your talking about named chevron or referred to as chevron? During our training, one of the consultant that we had referred to it as chevron? Is this correct?

Thanks.

"Chevron" is new to me. It also doesn't quite fit, since most chevrons I know point up or down. Think of the stripes on a sergeant's uniform. I don't remember any Chevron gas stations where you are, so I won't bring up that logo.

From page 35 of the 8.98 Foundation Guide PDF (page 13 on a printed copy), "... navigate to the task that you want to add to your Favorites task view ... Click the arrow next to the task and select Add To Favorites from the resulting menu." [emphasis mine]

If you look at the Web Based Menu, it appears to be a Right-Pointing-Equilateral-Triangle (All three sides are the same) It might be Right-Pointing-Isosceles-Triangle (two sides the same), but I don't have a tool to measure the sides of that triangle on my screen.

Not Chevrons (at least on the Tools release I am currently attacking)...

Left Chevron - <<
Right Chevron - >>
Left Angle Bracket - <
Right Angle Bracket - >
Hat - ^

Smily-Face - :)

(db)

Maybe it's equilateral on a 4:3 display, but isosceles on a 16:9 wide-screen?
grin.gif

Thanks Ken, I need to stop referring it as chevron also
blush.gif
JDE has so many names and acronyms to familiarize...
crazy.gif

In older versions, it might have been possible to define Favorites as a Role-based Task View, and secure the appropriate roles from seeing it.

However, that functionality no longer exists, though there is an enhancement SAR out there asking to put it back in.

For now, the only choices are to make Favorites a secure Task View or not. If it's a secured Task View, then only users who are allowed to edit all the menus can see Favorites. I doubt it is your intention to lock almost every user out of Favorites.

The real issue is that users changed the processing options to their favourite applications which they should suppose to do that, other user are fine because they go to the right location to run application.
Instead of telling each users to remove the favourite and re-add again or change the option back to the original.I thought i can remove from fat client and users can re-add again.

Thanks
AD

So the users modified the processing options of the versions that everybody runs, or they created a custom version and modified that?

Either way, securing Favorites is not going to help you with this issue. Seems to me you should be securing versions or the ability to modify processing option values.

they all run the same program, there is no custom version whatsoever. I believe the user thought it is their own program as it shows on the their favourite and they changed options, with PO module users should be careful as this module as process to follow.

The solution we advice that every user has to remove their favourite and re-add them and dont change the values in future.

I thought there might my the way to remove from fat client but i believe it can be done from sql for ctl table but i dont want to go that way as you guys suggested not to do anything from there.

Thanks
AD

I can easily link F9000 and F9001 tables to find out who has favourites programs added and what applications they have added to their favourite by looking the TRRLTYPE and remove so they can re-add but as you guya not advise these things so i leave it to users to remove and re-add themselve.

Thanks
AD

Again, removing the version from Favorites and having them re-add it does not solve the real problem. You want to stop them from modifying processing option values that affect other users when they run the same application. The best way to do that is to use security to take away that ability.

Or did I misunderstand what the problem is?

I agree we can secure processting option on user level or create role and attach to the specific users but now users learned the lesson and will not change the option,

i was thinking entirly remove the favourite applications and they can re-add application again

Thanks
AD

Back