New JDE Database/Enterprise Server

erpfun

8.12, 8.96.4, SQL 2005.

We are rebuilding a new JDE Database/Enterprise server for our production environment. We need to keep the server name the same. I am thinking we can temporarily give the new server a different name while loading software and while transferring the databases over etc.. Then change the new servers name right at switch over. (ie. turn off old server, rename new one the same, try JDE). Has anyone had success following this method? I have heard SQL servers do not like being renamed after installation. However, I found this article:

If you want to rename your new server name same as your old server name. You can refer to
this article:
How to: Rename a Computer that Hosts a Stand-Alone Instance of SQL Server 2005
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143799.aspx

I’m curious if anyone else has had success doing it this way. Otherwise, we plan to just load everything over a weekend when we can have the production server down for an extended period.

*We have limited resources to make a test network...

Just want to let everyone know that this method worked really well. If you have limited resources to work with, try it this way. Our JDE system is flying fast today with our new Enterprise server!
cool.gif

Back