JDA or RF Smart

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Can anybody share some experience with installation and configuration with Bolt-On Applications like RF Smart or JDA with ERP 9.0.

Are there any known issues or fix which needs to be applied from the current release 8.10

Thanks,
Soumen

I don't have experience with JDA or RFsmart. But, RFgen works great with 9.0. The integration is seamless and, better yet, there is nothing to install inside of JDE to make it work. Let me know if you'd like more information.

A little over three years ago, I had the opportunity of project managing a full operation RF Smart Bar Code implementation integrating with Oracle JD Edwards OneWorldXE for Haskel International in conjunction with a RF bar code implementation initiative throughout all divisions within the Hamilton Sundstrand Industrials Group. The scope of our implementation at Haskel included all of our JDE system functions from Purchase Order Receipt, Receipt Routing, Shop Floor Management, and through Sales Order Validation and Fulfillment.

I found the software excellent and the technical expertise of my counterparts in the ICS Project Management and Technical teams extremely helpful in helping us in adapting to our numerous intricate business processes. Many of the scripts right out of the box were already a tight fit to the basic business functions of JD Edwards and for our more complex business processes, the scripts are easily defined and customizable through their Back Office Administrator tool. Additionally, we had some special needs for new multiple validation points in our new Pick, Pack, and Ship process flow and were able to design a new customized process to accommodate those needs and significantly reduce shipment errors.

When we implemented RF Smart we had a planned upgrade to EnterpriseOne 9.0 in the near future and felt confident that ICS/RF Smart would easily adapt seamlessly to the upgraded version of EnterpriseOne.

Back