Changing the Database Object Owner Passwords for EnterpriseOne Databases

JSS

New E1 9.0 installation with Oracle database 11gR2 on Linux. My question is what do you guys do with the DB IDs such as PRODDTA, PRODCTL, etc..., where the password is the same as the ID. We will be going live soon and I want to either disable these IDs or change their passwords. I'm getting conflicting information on this subject, some people are telling me if I change their passwords or disable them, package builds and other processes will stop working.

I guess I want to know what you guys do with these IDs who's passwords are well known by now. Thanks.

Do not disable them , you will not be able to generate table changes going forward if you do (unless you actually change the owner on the datasources to something else)

Change the passwords by all means , it should not affect anything operationally , certainly did not until 8.11. Not sure if the 8.12 and above with the xml spec format if the package build process uses the DB passwords , if at all they did it would only be the Central Object datasource owners , so you can by all means change PRODDTA , PRODCTL etc.

It does come into play when going thru an upgrade or applying an update (Update 1 or 2 etc) , and there are ini settings that can be added to reflect the new passwords but I have always changed the passwords back to default when executing the workbenches in an upgrade or ASU

[ QUOTE ]
Change the passwords by all means , it should not affect anything operationally , certainly did not until 8.11. Not sure if the 8.12 and above with the xml spec format if the package build process uses the DB asswords , if at all they did it would only be the Central Object datasource owners , so you can by all means change PRODDTA , PRODCTL etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

8.12/9.0 is same as any other release. No issues changing default passwords...

Back