CNC Tasks

mmateus

Hi All,

Could you folks please help me in identifying some of the non-obvious CNC tasks that should be done on a daily basis. Package builds, security, installing ESU/ASUs, OCM mappings, Server Manager checks, checking JDE services, checking job queues, checking logs on all servers, etc are the sort of obvious tasks I know of but I was wondering if there were other miscellaneous tasks that other CNCs do on a daily basis. Is there perhaps a white paper or something I could get my hands on? I tried searching JDEList but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Misael

I dont know how your organization is setup but there is some task which belongs to JDE system admin not CNC e.g security.

Thanks
AD

Adeel,

In most organizations - aren't the JDE Sys Admins... the CNC?

You do not want DBAs, Hardware Admins, OS Admins or ... anyone but, JDE Admins - touching Security... Right?

Since a JDE System Admin is a Graduated CNC - that does make the Review and Application of Security a CNC Activity... ??

(db)

Here is my job description as of last year.

CNC Job Description

The North American CNC/Security Administrator will support the JDE Enterprise One infrastructure by troubleshooting and resolving any related technical issues, tuning the application for maximum response and performance time, performing change control activities related to the production environment. This person is also expected to manage security administration for Enterprise One as well as other applications. He will be responsible for performing security compliance audits related to Sarbanes-Oxley controls.

Responsibilities
•Administer and support the Enterprise One environment
•Resolve Enterprise One technical issues within the standard problem escalation process
•Perform on-going tuning of the Enterprise One Web and Terminal Server environments
•Coordinate problem resolution Oracle support
•Assist in the coordination of Disaster Recovery activities for Enterprise One
•Coordinate 3rd party applications such as Tidal, CreatePrint, Webmethods
•Coordinate Enterprise One changes with other teams (e.g. Application Support, Systems Administration, Enterprise Reporting, Help Desk)
•Work with Enterprise Applications Manager to make recommendations for changes to the Enterprise One environment
•Prepare technical plans for the application of Enterprise One Service Packs, Electronic Software Updates, and upgrades
•Perform all security administration functions within Enterprise One including maintenance of user profiles, roles, tasks, menus
•Assist with management security audits identified as key controls in Sarbanes-Oxley
•Develop and update documentation related to Sarbanes-Oxley and Change control as needed

Position Requirements
•College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science preferred
•Detailed knowledge of the JD Edwards environment, OCM and package deployment methods
•Experienced in JDE One World
•Strong oral, written and presentation skills
•Must be able to conduct in-depth One World CNC troubleshooting, apply ESUs, patches, upgrades, Server/Environment configurations
•Enterprise One Upgrade experience
•Experienced in maintaining security settings within Enterprise One
•Ability to adhere to Configuration management policies and procedures
•Problem resolution and incident management experience

New Items that have been added on:

Support Xe, 8.12. 9.0 environments
Support environments in North America, South America, Europe and Asia
Coordinate with third party vendor for supplimental CNC resources
Design and architect cutting edge cloud based 9.0 environment for global roll-out
Windows server administration
Linux administration
Down the road, Exadata administration
and a partridge in a pear tree..... The list keeps growing year after year.

We let helpdesk to do the system admin not the higher level but basic e.g add new users in the system, terminating etc.
But when it comes to more technical e.g UO, role conflicts then CNC jumps in.

Thanks
AD

Gregg,

Where is the part about ensuring that the sun rises and sets each day?

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Gregg,

Where is the part about ensuring that the sun rises and sets each day?

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is implied.....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Check JDE List daily to keep current

[/ QUOTE ]

Add: Speak at Quest conferences for bragging rights

Write for JDEtips Journal for beer and pretzel money

Back