T4 - R77410 -Print T4 Employee copy

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

Every year we have to make changes to above report which create pdf file to print in our pre=printed T4 form. And we have to deploy objects in all environment to make it work.

Printing correctly to T4 boxes is out because sometime our printer get change or our T4 pre-printed form printing company changes.

Is there a easy way?

Thanks
AD

One suggestion when applying the new yearly ESU is to make sure all the objects in the ESU have the proper merge flag set.

If you've already moved fields so they are just where you want them, then make sure that the form that you're printing to hasn't changed, and set the merge flag to "1". Hopefully your mods will be preserved while incorporating any new fields.

If the form has changed, then you may need to rearrange things anyway, so it's probably best to set the merge flag to blank or "2" and see if they do.

Hi Ken

I have never done the merge flag to blank or 1,2? Can you please tell me how to set in ESU, is it something in the change assistant?

Also the ESU we applied have form changed anyways, My question is that regardless what flag is. Is it possible that move fields without deployment of the objects? I guess we can not do that as file get created in PDF format.

Thanks
AD

To set the merge flag, you must go to menu GH9611, and run Specification Merge Selection. Search for the object(s), highlight the row(s), and use the Row Exit for Enable (meaning "1" or Merge) or Disable (meaning "2" or have the ESU overwrite the object completely).

This procedure is in the Software Update manual for your Tools Release (there is a separate Software Update manual for each Tools Release, though there is very little difference between them).

And you should know by now that any modification of most objects (especially UBE template and versions) will ultimately require a package build and deploy. But please note, you don't have to do this after every change. Just map the appropriate UBEs to run LOCAL, and you can test the changes from your web development fat client. No need to do multiple package builds, just wait until you have it right, and just build the last one.

Oh Man, The JDE is like a ocean and JDELIST is house of knowledge.

Thanks Ken

Back