IE on Portal server - CPU spike

CNC Traveler

I recently put down TR 8.98.3.3 and it required new server specs to meet MTR's. Windows 2008, WebSphere 7.0.5 AS, WebSphere Portal server 6.1.0.2 etc.....
When testing on the new Portal server with IE, I click on a portlet and my CPU goes to max on my local machine and it takes a long time for the portlet to load. I replicate this using Firefox and it loads reasonably fast, a second or so. I've tested IE 6 through IE 8 and I get the same results. I have the registry fix for max connections on IE also.
I've had to delay my go-live for ESS until I find a solution. Any help would be appreciated....

CNC Traveler,

FWIW, I am running 8.98.3.4 on Windows 2003 with no issues.

AS/400, OAS 10.1.3.1, W2K3 Server SP 2

W2K3 is no longer supported according to Oracle's statement of direction Article 749393.1. I was told I had to be on Windows 2008 Server, not R2...

I wanted to provide my solution. The issue is with Windows 2008 and WebSphere. The JDK that server manager installs conflicts with Windows 2008 and consumes resources on the web server. See article 1050348.1 - E1: SVM: Issues Running JAS On WebSphere On 64-bit Windows Server 2008!

This fixed two issues for me. IE spiking on the portal servfer and the server loosing connectivity to the Enterprise server.

Back