Call object kernel error

Alok Mishra

We are running on XE sp23_k1 , as400/db2 , V5R3 .There was an issue in call object kernel and all the production users connected to it started getting "commit fail" error in interactive applications. After termination of this kernel application started working.
I could capture the kernel log as below:

Job . . : JDENET_K User . . : ONEWORLD Number . . . : 656262
Job 656262/ONEWORLD/JDENET_K started on 01/18/11 at 20:11:31 in subsystem
JDEB7333 in B7333SYS. Job entered system on 01/18/11 at 20:11:31.
Conversion error on input host variable or parameter *N.
Maximum number of objects journaled to journal IFSJDE.
Field HVR0001 and value 1 not compatible. Reason 5.
Conversion error on input host variable or parameter *N.
Field HVR0001 and value 1 not compatible. Reason 5.

I am wondering what this error means. Any help in this regard will be appreciated !

Alok

Move your cursor to the any of these lines "Maximum number of objects journaled to journal IFSJDE" and hit your F1 key. The message screen will tell you what you need to know.

Thanks for reply , I did try that during the issue but did not get much information.

Can you copy/paste the screen from when you hit F1? It will provide the necessary information.

You should also be checking the JDE.LOG files for the kernel. That should also have messages as to what the problem was.

IFS '/JDEB7333’, was being journaled (IFSJDE) by I-tera.It reached to the max of "Allocated size of object". The active kernel was trying to write jde log and it was going into loop. We have cleared the files from ‘/JDEB7333' and the issue is resolved.
Thanks Ethan & Ken.

I would highly recommend not mirroring or journalilng the JDE log file directory. There is no benifit in doing so and just adds thousands and thousands or additional objects that need to be handled by your replication software.

Back